Friday, April 4, 2014

DADA

            
           First what is DADA, it’s an early-20th-century international movement in art, literature, music, and film, repudiating and mocking artistic and social conventions and emphasizing the illogical and absurd. So Based on that description of DADA I thought of the most weirdest ways to show my most random way of thinking. When looking for a picture I scanned through all my photos and found one of my favorite photos and thought of how women are shown what beauty is suppose to look like. Ripping the photo was symbolic to show the frustration of how women are portrayed. The words were more meaning full to me because chocolate is all women need to be happy or bacon. I know when I start to crave something its usually cake or candy and in my mind I'm screaming for it, thats why the words were written by me in big black letters. My other DADA poster is not that complex but I wanted it to be more visual in the art. I wanted people to look at the poster and see how every little thing I did was connected in some way, meaning in someway every person you meet in your life connects you to them. In the end DADA can look like it's absurd and illogical, but there is a meaning behind everything that was made or will be made in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment